Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Cinnamon Rolls

Chip and I made homemade Cinnamon Rolls last night and it was a process. I guess it may not be any different from any other time consuming thing you make from scratch, but I wouldn't really know. We started making the rolls at like 6:15 last night and finally got in bed at like 10:30.

I thought I was going to have to make it a two day process. I laid down on the couch while the dough was rising and would fall asleep and wake up to Chip like an anxious little kid at Christmas saying....is it ready yet? How's the dough coming? Can we roll it out yet? No sweetie, just 20 more minutes. Doze off for a second then hear. Has it been 20 minutes yet? No honey, wait 10 more minutes.

After the dough finished rising, which was really neat because I'd never done that before. It was almost like a feeling of accomplishment. Chip rolled out the dough for me with our new rolling pin. I've never owned a rolling pin before, it's great! It's the little things that make me happy. All of this was a first for me. Chip on the other hand is a veteran. He was telling me about the old days when they didn't have pizza crust in a can thing like biscuits and he had to make his own crust from scratch. Wow, grandpa that must have been rough! Tell me more weird things from when you were a kid.

Once we finished baking a batch, even though it was really late, we had to try them out. I let Chip go first. The noises he made were obscene. It really was THAT GOOD. It was definitely a process and thank goodness it made a total of 5 pans because it was a lot of work.....totally worth it though. I'm scared Chip won't eat anything else now.

I had full intentions of taking step by step photos of the creation but the only picture I got was of Chip washing his hands before we started. I won't post it, but will try to do better with my photo taking and posting. No promises, I will just try. You can Click Here for the recipe for Cinnamon Rolls 101. If there is a Cinnamon Rolls 102 I am not sure I could take that class, I am a beginner and evidentally a slow learner. The Janii and Susan have both made these from the Pioneer Woman site too. P-Dub is my hero.

No comments: