Sunday, November 01, 2009

Life Keeps Happening

Sorry I haven't updated my blog in a couple of days, it's not like I haven't had the time or anything.

I have been in bed since Thursday evening just hanging out. My medicine isn't really doing anything for me. I'm not trying to complain, but it hasn't done anything. Before last night I would have paid phat cash to get some sleep, then I found's a miniature pink and white pill that makes my life and everyone in my life happy. I know it's hard to believe, but I don't think I've ever taken in the history of ever. I love it.

Thursday night I slept ok, I was up early Friday morning even though I couldn't go to work. I watched the Today show and then laid around and took a nap from like 2-4. Finally I couldn't stand it anymore - I had to sweep my bedroom. Staring at the dog hair tumbleweeds was driving me crazy. They seemed as though they could be fire hazards by the electrical outlet strip...not to mention if anyone came to visit me they would deem my house unfit for even an unborn child.

I then decided to make a lucrative business out of my problem. You know that build a bear workshop in the mall? I decided that we could open up a build a dog workshop here in Kosciusko. My dogs could be the sole contributor to the dog hair supply. We could get Lindsey and Cindy to make cute little outfits for the build a dogs. What do ya'll think? Then I decided that if that was a flop there is always the possibility of selling Chiengora sweaters, scarves, mittens and blankets. Susan could teach me how to knit.

Then Chip and I decided we needed a Roomba - Since I didn't have anything to do I researched and called every place in Jackson just to find where I could get one. You see Chip and I come from the 'Instant Gratification Generation' and he was fully prepared to drive to get one as soon as I located it. There was not any store in a 100 mile radius that has the 532 Pet Series. Needless to say, we didn't get one....this weekend.

Around 11:00 that night I went to sleep and then was up 3 hours later (Saturday 2:00 am) and didn't go back to sleep until 22 hours later (Saturday at midnight). I wanted to sleep so bad but couldn't. Chip said I was not fit for society unless I took a nap. I was probably the grouchiest human on earth and my poor dogs who just want to be right next to me and make me feel better did nothing but drive me nuts, and they don't even talk.

You see, I had committed to be the designated driver to the Halloween parties we were to attend Saturday night long before I was told to rest. No harm in sitting in a lawn chair instead of my bed...right? One problem, the original costume I had planned wasn't fully constructed and being that I wasn't able to complete it, I had to come up with another plan. Family Dollar had the answer - A purple velvet pimp hat with cheetah print trim. As soon as I saw it I knew it would go perfect with the feux mink jacket Chip has. He could be my pimp and I could be his 7 month pregnant hooker. So we went with it. I will post a picture as soon as I get it. I will leave the description of my costume to a minimum because I don't know that there are words except for tight form fitting zebra print, turquoise bra, and makeup....lots and lots of makeup.

We hit up three parties and had a good time. Being the old Mo Mo's we are were home by 11:00. I took a benadryl and went to bed. It was nice to get 7 hours of sleep...after not having slept for 22. I love you benadryl. You make me both tolerable and tolerant.
This morning, Sunday. I finished decorating a cake I made for my friend Marsha's baby shower.

Pearce is going to be Hill's BFF. He is due November 24th.

Marsha's shower was nice, she has many many loved ones and good friends. Baby Pearce got lots of goodies and has a great big sister! What a lucky little guy Pearce is! Can't wait until you get here!

In other news, my Chippy made homemade pizza for dinner and it was fabulous! He's pretty much the best husband ever.

Tomorrow at 9:00 am I have my follow up doctors appointment. Please pray that all goes well. I will keep you all posted as soon as I know what the doctor says. Hopefully no more laying low or chilling out because I am not meant to be on bed rest, that's for the birds. I'm not open to accepting that life keeps happening with or without me.


l cummins said...

Sorry, Rach...I'm officially temporarily resignedd! You'll have to talk to Cindy :)
And I've got to see this costume picture so hurry it up...
And the cake...who knew? I'm impressed...what other tricks do you have up your sleeve?

Marsha said...

The cake was fabulous--it looked cute and tasted delicious! The only problem is, the remainder is at my house tempting me:(