Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Weekend On The Coast

As I was telling Chip the other day that this trip to the coast has been the most fun so far with Hill.  He's not so tiny that we have to carry everything and the kitchen sink when we go, it's more like everything and the coffee table now.  I'm working on the packing technique, if you have any pointers, I'm all ears!  Yet, Hill is big enough to enjoy things and have a good time too.

Friday Hill and I left to go meet Chip in Diamondhead at the condo.  He had been down on the coast since Tuesday for a conference in New Orleans.  (A quick shout out to all the single parents out there - Not too sure how you do it 24-7 you are my heros) 
Anyway, Hill was a great traveler for the 3 1/2 hour trip.

When we got there Chip, Hill and I went to dinner with Aunt Jane Claire (Chip's sister) at our favorite restaurant - Yup, you guessed it - The Jourdan River Steamer.  Sigh, it was fabulous, as always!  We got there and the waiter was seating us and said, "Oops, I forgot the menus!"  I said, well I already know what I want and he replied..."you usually do."  Seriously, we must be the biggest frequenters for non residence.  We were talking to the owners and they were in awe over how much Hill had grown and that he was already a year old.  He's probably been there more times than half the locals.  Hard to believe his first visit was at 13 days old and now here he is 13 months old!  I'd say he's been there at least 6 times in his 13 months.  Yet, this was the first time that he's actually eaten there. 

I'm not a big fan of the kids menu when we go places.  Usually Hill would rather eat my food than the chicken nuggets or hamburgers found on the kids menu, and personally I'd rather him eat better food too even if it means taking half of it home.  Anyway, I noticed that there was a pasta and shrimp dish for the kids, but I didn't know if Hill was old enough to eat shrimp or not so I asked if they could substitute it with grilled chicken.  He assured me they could.  Then I asked what veggies came with that.  He assured me none.  Well, Hill loves veggies.  The kid chooses black eyed peas and english peas over mac and cheese.  I asked if they could make some veggies on the side and I'd pay extra.  The waiter said he'd meet with the chef and see what they could come up with.  A few minutes later this is what came out...

Yum, freaking ola.  It was pasta with fresh veggies like tomato, mushroom, and carrots with grilled chicken.
The chef came out to ask Hill if it was to his liking and he could tell it was as Hill couldn't get enough!  We thanked him for making a special dish for our good eater!  I think the chef probably appreciated a tiny tot that enjoyed his good food.  Once Hill had his fill of his special dish he proceeded to eat all the asparagus and potatoes off of my plate.  Needless to say, he was miserably full when we got back to the condo.  He ate more than I did, but his was all good healthy foods.  Mine was rich heavy foods.

It was good to see Aunt Jane Claire, but we missed Madison and Addie this trip. Then Saturday we did the Childrens Museum and pictures at the beach which was an all day fun affair (see previous two posts.)  We went to the outlet mall and bought Hill a bathing suit and hat for this summer and then grabbed a McAlisters sandwich and headed back to the condo.  I was ready to go to bed at 5:30 pm.  Hill had other plans.  He is cutting his top back two teeth and that makes for a drooly unhappy camper when not entertained.  Once his daddy got in from fishing it was lights out for mama bear!

Sunday was a big day too.  There is a park one mile from the condo.  Everyone is so nice and friendly, we had a great time.  I love it how Hill absorbs what the other kids were doing and then he would do them.  That little brain of his is just ticking 24-7.
Where is Hill?

Hey, Slide!

I will climb you!

And try to walk up you!

And make silly faces!

And be sweet!

And eat the rocks that I dumped onto you!

And laugh about it!

Then be silly!

And do the trick my Mama taught me.
(sticking out his tounge)

Does he not look like a big boy!?!
Ugh!  Breakin' my heart kiddo!

He wanted you to see the inside of his mouth.

And how long his tongue is.


And how much he loves his Mommy.
 Then back at the hacienda...
We play in our clubhouse under the barstools

Play with Dada

And hit Mr. Hambone with our Elmo balloon

And step on his face

Because we are too cool for school
Can't wait for spending more time this summer on the coast finding fun new adventures to get into!

No comments: