Friday, November 19, 2010

Week in Review - Thursday "Nada"

Nothing really happened on Thrusday, yesterday.  They changed out a large piece of glass in my boss' office.  That was pretty much the excitement of the day.  I decided that if it were to have broken in the repairmans hands it was so big it would have sliced his body in half.  That would have been news worthy, but thankfully that didn't happen.

In other news, I can't remember if I reported last week, but Hill officially has 5 teeth.  Front top two and the top left tooth next to the front one and the front bottom two.  He's ready to start eating steak!

The other night when I was giving Hill a bath I was singing Christmas songs to him as we were playing.  In the middle of Silent Night Hill decided that the Dada Song was WAY more fun and proceeded to sing it at the top of his lungs.  The Dada song pretty much sounds exactly like what you think in your head.  Rapidly repeating da da da da da da.  (The only word he wants to say these days.)  We got out of the bath and Chip said he could hear him singing all the way in the living room.  Chip likes the Dada song, a lot.  Mama, not so much.

Last night we were playing in his cage and talking to Mama Lou on the phone.  Hill kept saying baw baw.  I really thought he was saying baba (bottle) or buhbuh (bye bye) but realized he was picking up his ball and showing it to me to play.  This kid is a freaking genius!  I say ball or book or toy to him all the time, but he's really picking up on them now.  I swear the other day he said juice. 

I love watching him play because you can see those tiny wheels turning in his head.  He's a prodigy.  It's as if he wants to understand the concept of things like the wheel on the truck not just the truck.  Or learn more about the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow. (that was for you monty python dorks)  But really, it's fun watching him learn.  I had this huge fear that I wouldn't know how to educate him through his infant years (or really his whole life) and he'd just not know anything.  Other kids would be like, you like my blue sippy cup? and he'd be like what does that mean, I know no words!?  I can't say I've intentially taught him anything, or not taught him anything, but I for sure know he's taught himself a WHOLE lot by just figuring it out.  I think he gets that from his daddy.

I heard the other day that Nurse Anesthetists make phat cash right out of school and decided that is what Hill should be.  Chip thinks we should let him decide what he wants to do with his life, I agree to an extent as long as it encompass' taking care of his mother the rest of his life.  Other than that pre requisite, I'm cool with whatever the little boy decides to do. 

Now go get mama another vodka tonic and don't forget the lime this time....thanks sweetie.

No comments: