Friday, October 15, 2010

Texas Trip: Sunday 10-10-10

Sunday Hill, Tasha, Branson, Britlon and I loaded back up in the car to head to Sugar Land to visit my dad, step-mom Pam and my niece Hannah. My mom and brother Jason followed us from El Campo and we all met at Jason's Deli to eat lunch.
Since I knew we were headed to Sugar Land - my high school friend, Tina, that lives in Houston dropped by the restaurant with her husband and tiny little princess, Melanie, to just say 'Hi' for a second.

Tina & Hill

Me & Melanie

Melanie & Hill
Looks like Hill is saying, "love ya babe!"
Do you see a pattern with Hill & these little girls?
FLIRT!
 It is always great to see Tina and Hector, they are the sweetest people ever. They were high school sweethearts and are still just as cute as they were in high school. Melanie is one lucky little girl!

Once we got to Papi and Mimi's house we all played and took pictures.
Papi & Hill

Mimi, Papi & Hill

Hannah, Mimi, Hill & Papi
 Hannah is so good with Hill; he sure loves his cousin they played and snuggled.
Beautiful Hannah

Hill & Hannah

Hill & Hannah putting together a puzzle

Snuggly cutie patooties,
Hill & Hannah

Precious.
Hannah just held him close as she tried to get him to nap.
After Hill's nap we went to a wedding. Random right? Well it really was. You see Papi is a judge and so he can marry people. His neighbor, long story short got married in Canada a couple weeks ago which isn't considered a legal marriage in the US so they needed a formal nuptual.

It was all arranged with flower girls and a photographer in like 2 mintues and we met in the grassy area between their houses. Hannah and Britlon went and picked some flowers so they could be the flower girls and I had my camera in hand when they called so I was the photographer. (don't worry, I'm not quitting my day job) I've always wanted to be good at photography, even took classes after college at the Universtiy, but I just don't have that niche.

Here is a picture of the ceremony and the wedding party. I'll only post one of each because they ALL look the same just at different angles. (again, I am no photographer)


The Ceremony

The Wedding Party
Sad, but I have no idea what their names are. *Sigh* A good photographer would have had some type of portfolio and charged a minimum of $500 and AT LEAST have known their names. It was my first wedding. I'm learning.

What Hill did during the ceremony
(while his mother was being a photographer)

Hill tried to eat the grass and decided that it wasn't the best party food he'd ever eaten, but it was better than nothing.

Soon after the wedding we fed the little ones (real food) and bathed them (Thanks Hannah for your help bathing Hill in the tiny bathroom sink, I couldn't have done it without you! - Papi needs a bathtub at his house.) We decided to pack up everything and head back to Mississippi at around 7:30 pm. Tasha and I thought it would be easier to travel at night so the little ones would sleep and we wouldn't have to stop for food, bathroom, etc. Which ended up being smart, but Monday was pretty much a blur since we got home at 3:30am.

Thank goodness for Tasha and her awesome driving the whole way and for Christopher Columbus for landing in America 518 years ago to allow me a day off from work that Monday.  You guys rock!

No comments: