Tuesday, December 01, 2009

Holidays & Bigness

Hey friends! Sorry, the holidays, parties, friends, family, work and being 8 months pregnant are the reasons for my being illusive this past week.

Where to start? Wednesday night our friends Elizabeth, Mike and their dog Neenah came to stay with us. It’s always a treat to see good friends. They live in Nashville and she’s just a few days behind me in pregnancy. This will be the last time we see our friends before we both go off being parents. That is so weird. Next time we hang out we will have little rug rats in tow. Talk about reality check.

Thanksgiving was great! Chip’s family from Houston, TX came to visit. Again, it’s always a treat seeing and hanging out with them. Joyce, Chip’s step-mom, always makes sure we eat like Kings, Queens and little Princes. In true pregnancy fashion I ate for two at lunch and then when round two came as delicious as it was the first go round the smell of the food at dinner time made me nausious. I couldn’t even eat. Glad I ate enough in round one to compensate for the failure of round two!

Friday night we had a baby shower / cookout for Elizabeth and Mike. There was a great crowd and Chip did a great job cooking hamburgers and sausages. Elizabeth and Mike got a bunch of great stuff to welcome baby question mark. I say baby question mark because they aren’t finding out if it’s a boy or a girl. Census says, girl. I guess we will find out soon enough. Chip and I don’t have that kind of will power to not know. Remember we come from that instant gratification generation.

Saturday we were lazy and watched the Egg Bowl (sad sad) and then continued our laziness on into the evening before heading to our friends Fred & Tasha’s house to eat beef tenderloin, amongst other fine fantastic things that Mr. Fred cooked up. We left a little later than we’d bargained for but had to head home so Chip could wake up early and go duck hunting Sunday morning.

Sunday morning when Chip got home at 10:00 am I was still in bed. I was awake, but just being lazy. Staying true to ourselves we carried on our laziness throughout the whole entire day. It was great and well deserved!

Then we come to yesterday, Monday. Monday’s are usually dreaded but when you are 8 months pregnant and sometimes feel as though you can hardly maneuver yourself to function in an every day environment mentally when people tell you, “my how you have blossomed” and physically as I waddle around trying to use momentum to thrust myself out of bed….Monday means baby doctor appointments! This is always a highlight to any day, but especially when it’s a Monday!

So, what did Dr. North say? Dr. North confirmed that my stomach may not be sore because of how gigantic it is, but because I’ve found this knot under my belly button. It’s sore to the touch and probably a hernia that came from my gall bladder removal surgery 10 years ago. Being that my stomach is big and my uterus is in charge it made it surface. He said at this time it’s a non issue unless I stay pregnant for a really long time and it becomes a nuisance. I assured him that as much as I love being pregnant I don’t plan on making habit of it. So once this bundle of bigness comes out the knot should go back to the unknown in my gut. Lovely thought huh?

You heard me right, bundle of bigness. I don’t make this up or say it because my body is beginning to ache a little, but because this kiddo is big. My suspicion was confirmed when Dr. North measured, then re measured then tried a different angle then measured again. He said he’s a big boy. Of course I asked, how big? He said we won’t know until closer to time when we do a sonogram exactly how big is big. So my second question was, how big is too big? He said too big would be 9 or 10 lbs. Not that this baby was 9 or 10lbs right now, but that would be too big in his eyes.

So as anxious as I am to figure out how big Hill is I figured I’d have to wait at least another 4 weeks or so for a sonogram since he said he’d do a sonogram “closer to time.” We all know per my last visit how he said I’d have another sonogram but only after I told him he was mean for depriving me of them. I assumed he would do a sonogram either the day I go into labor or maybe at like 38 weeks. WRONG…I have a sonogram at my next visit in 2 weeks! Yay for this, but scary for this too! Go back to the paragraph above this and re-read the bold part, especially the closer to time part.

I’m a girl, a hormonal one at that, and must read into everything to find its’ true deeper meaning. So the fact that I’m having a sonogram next visit (December 14th) in pregnant girl terms means that he thinks this kid is big and it’s closer to time than we’d bargained for and I assume in 2 weeks we will have a better timeline of when he’ll be here! How crazy, scary, freaky, weird and exciting all at the same time! Can’t wait for the 14th when we have a better idea of when we can meet this bundle of bigness! This is going to be the longest 2 weeks in the history of all 14 days in America.

Well, I guess the anxiety is setting in. I’ve been sleeping really well lately, but this morning I woke up at 4 am. Now I haven’t even started my day and two hours later I’m ready to go back to bed. Should make for a long busy day!

Have a good one!

No comments: