Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Shower me with....Sonic

Wait...what?  Ya'll know me. I'm scatter brained.  The title of my blog is two seperate trains of thought.

Last night I had a fabulous baby shower with some of my most favorite people in Kosciusko, the Ya-Ya's and good family friends.  All of whom have raised my husband to be the fine strapping young man we see today.  The Ya-Ya's are Adriennes' life long best friends that took me in from day 1 as if I was always a Hawkins. These crazy girls are the ones that never make me feel like my family is over 700 miles away in Texas and it always warms my heart knowing they are there for us to call on anytime...for anything.  So, with that said, Hill has so many surogate grandparents it's obscenely wonderful.

The shower was at Mrs. Judi Bell's house and she did it up fantastic!  Punch, homemade icebox cookies and probably the most fabulous custard I've ever eaten in my entire life.  Hill received so many wonderful things and officially has a sufficient supply of diapers for now.  Yay!  We received all kinds of bedtime calming lotions and bath washes...I think they of all people know any baby of Chip's needs some type of calming something. They were surprised to hear that still 32 years later Chip doesn't sleep.  I asked them if it was possible to OD my baby on calming lotion? 
I can picture it now. 
2am... Hill on his changing table crying,
I'm crying standing over him squirting calming lotion all over him
wondering why he won't stop.

That is when I will be calling the Ya-Ya's asking, what in the world do I do? Anyway, I had a fantastic time and am so appreciative of all the ladies that came.  I love you all more than you'll ever know!  Thanks for everything!

I also want to thank all the people that sent me emails about my post yesterday.  I am glad that you all are comfortable enough to send me emails about your experiences on birthing big babies, c sections, pros, cons, it all is very very helpful and insightful.  Please keep the advice and input coming!  You know I love information!!

Some of you prefaced your emails with...I know we don't know each other very well, but... Girls, girls, girls....please.  We are all BFF's here.  You know about my panties and you know about my feet, for Pete's sake you know about the stains in my bra.  You know me up close and sometimes too personal, so I would hope that sharing your thoughts and opinions with me would come second nature and is most definately expected!  Even if it is via email instead of a comment for the other readers to see.  I respect that and appreciate all feedback.  So, I thank you very very very much!  Love to you all!

So onto the second train of thought in my title...Sonic.  Last night all over Facebook everyone was talking about our local Sonic closing.  I kept my cool until I found out the facts, but have to admit that I was scared at first.  My friend Marsha sent me a text late last night because she immediately feared for me and thought - How is Rachel going to get her Fountain Coke fix now?  She knows me all too well, that silly Marsha.  As horrifying as it is these were my thoughts exactly, then my thoughts went to, Oh No!  Where can I get a hamburger at 7:45 in the morning?  Thank goodness they are only closing shop for a little while to re-vamp it and make it what Marsha dubbed a "Shiny Sonic."  That means it's fancy and new.

So, like any pregnant person, especially from my instant gratification generation, I woke up early this morning, got dressed and drove to Sonic.  I'm not sure if it was because I know it may be the last burger I have from Sonic while Hill is in utero or if it was that I was the first person of the day to order a hamburger, but that was probably the most fantastic burger I've ever had.  It was made with love, extra butter or something special this morning.  I got an indigestion filled Route 44 Cherry Vanilla Coke and am going to bring the Sonic 2009 experience to an end on that note, I don't think it can be topped.  Can't wait for the Shiny 2010 Sonic!  Hill will love it.  Maybe we can tell Hill that because of him needing a continual supply of Route 44 Cokes and #1's with mayo and tater tots at 7:45 am, Kosciusko Sonic was able to upgrade to a fancy facility.  They should probably name it after him.  Wait....Hill can't take all of the credit.  His BFF, Pearce Marquerdt, played a large role in financing the reconstruction as well. 

Ok friends, I will probably not talk to you before the new year comes.  I want each and every one of you to have a safe and happy new year!  I hope that 2010 is better than 2009; and as we add another Hawkins into the mix may we look forward to more crazy antics along the way!  Can you imagine?

No comments: