Thursday, December 31, 2009

Cast Iron Skillet

Before I close out 2009 I needed to give a big shout out to my cast iron skillet! 

Last week she turned 71 years old.  My grandmother received this beauty in December 1938 as a wedding gift and it has cooked many of meals for many of people as you can only imagine.  Fried Chicken, jalepeno corn bread, bacon, just to name a few of my favorites.  Everything seems to taste better out of this skillet.

Mamaw gave me this heirloom in July 2008 and passed away 7 months later in February 2009, she was 88. It may just be one of my most prized posessions.






There are also 2 little ones that are just as wonderful.



What a wonderful gift I've been given.  I am also very fortunate because my husband adores them just as much as I do.  Him being the chef of the house treats them with the same respect and honor that they deserve! 
Here's to another 71 years ol' skillet!

No comments: