Thursday, December 17, 2009

Fantastic People

There is something about the people in this town I live in. I can't explain it. It's as if we have known each other forever, though I've only been here in Kosciusko for 4 years. Some of you I've only known for 2 1/2 years since working at the bank and others only months through community activities and then some of my readers I've never ever even met.

I've lost count of the emails, comments, notes, dropping by the house or the office and all of the calls and texts that I've received. Your words of encouragement and prayers have been positively overwhelming. We have gained so much strength through all of you. I knew that Chip and I were blessed when we had so much support and love from everyone before, during and after Adrienne's passing....but Adrienne was a phenomenal woman and as ridiculous as it sounds I knew you all were there for us, but it never really sunk in until now that you were really there for US. Does that even make sense?
It's not just the people in the community either. Let's talk about the people I work with. The bank I work for is a publicly traded company on the stock exchange. It's considered part of corporate America. We have about 48 branches in 4 states. Tell me how many billion dollar companies you know that have a link to a daily devotional on their website? My company cares about me. People ask how I'm doing. People openly tell me they are praying for me. My boss understands that family comes first and comes to my office to check on me to see how I am then before he leaves tells me he too is praying for us. Everyone has an open door policy and I feel comfortable enough with all of them to use it. The people are genuine. They write me sweet notes and bring me Skittles. It's not just in times of hardship either. It's always. For example, just this morning the cleaning lady left a Christmas card on my desk for me and my family. Who does that? These wonderful people do.
I could go on and on about all these fantastic people in my life. You all know who you are and you all don't just live in Kosciusko either. I just want to say a sincere thank you from me, Chip and Hill.

Love to you all!

No comments: