Tuesday, April 03, 2007

New Toy

I bought a new toy yesterday! I couldn't wait to try it out so I set it up and tried my hand at making pasta. I made a special dough for my first attempt at pasta. I blanched some spinach, put an egg in my food processor and chopped the spinach in with it. I then added about a cup of all purpose flour and mixed it with my handy dandy Kitchen Aid mixer. I then attached my new tool and......

Here is the set up
- dough rolled into egg shape
- attachment on my mixer
- paper towels to lay the pasta on and dry out
















Here it is in motion - making flat noodles. Cool, but I can't figure out how to make it not clump together after I detach the 'strand' from the mixer















This is fun - all this with such little dough. I have flat noodles (left), macaroni noodles in the back, and lasagna noodles in the front right. Check out the super long lasagna one I made! I have to let it dry out before the taste test. I'll let you know how it goes.



I leave you with the awe of the hole.....

look at that macaroni hole.

5 comments:

Susie S said...

I'm so impressed!!!!! I can't wait to try some of your pasta myself! Maybe we can open a pasta/cookie company???

Rachel said...

There ya go! We can name it
Carbs-R-Us!

Leah Maria said...

This looks like so much fun! I have always wanted to try my hand a making homemade pasta. Looks very yummy.

Lisa Blair said...

Wow, Rachel! Looks tasty! You'll have to let us know how it turns out.

Jennifer said...

You are brave! I made homemade pasta once (someone else's machine) and don't think I ever will again. It was the best-tasting pasta I ever had, but it took SO long to make! I love to cook, but am short on patience in the kitchen, it seems. How'd it turn out?! We must hear!