Friday, December 10, 2010

Egg Bowl 2010

We went to the Egg Bowl (Ole Miss vs. Mississippi State) November 27th and the poor Rebs got scrambled.  It's ok because we had a WONDERFUL time!  What's the ol' Oxford saying..."We may not win every game, but we've never lost a party."

I debated whether to go or not because I had to work that morning and then Hill would have to go with us.  Not that I minded him going, but no one else was bringing their kiddos and I didn't want to be "that" person.  It was cold outside so Hill and I definitely were opting out of going to the game, but we went to the Grove. 

Climbing his stroller

Playing in the hay

Pulling out my hair

Jason & Gena Pope

Jason & Hill
(I love this picture!)

Gena, Whitney, Me

Cutie Patootie, Whit!

Hart

Our MSU friend, Richard
in his pimp starter jacket and camo
My sweet friend Gena decided she would go with me and Hill to the Square and eat while Chip and everyone else went to the game.  Gena and I should have gone to Yocona since it is officially no more as of last weekend.  Boo!  But I didn't know about it closing down so we decided to try out a place called Irie's on the Square.  My stomach felt Irie after I ate there and so since we were staying at the Pettit's we headed back to their house.

We were sure that once everyone got back to the condo Richard would rub our loss in our face and be an annoying loud winner.  Wrong, he was the first one to bed.  We should have stuck his hand in warm water to make him pee the bed or something.

Anyway, we had a blast.  I haven't laughed that hard in too long to remember.  Friends are so good for the soul.  Thanks Pettit's, Pope's, and Rico!  We had a great day!

Here is a picture of a truck Chip found in the parking lot...

You think they are Mississippi State fans? I couldn't tell.

1 comment:

Ruth said...

I would have no clue what would make you think he is a state fan