Sunday, June 26, 2011

Father's Day 2011

What an awesome day last Sunday was, even though the start of my day was on the wrong foot.  At 5:00 am I woke up to two sick dogs; yet I made the most of it.  I tried to go back to sleep, but after 15 minutes of laying there I decided to get up and have some Rachel time and catch up on things.  I did laundry, dishes, made muffins, bacon, and eggs, and about 10 other things that I would never do before 8:00 am ever.  It felt good.  I was showered before anyone else in the house awoke, so getting ready for church was a breeze.  I let both of my boys sleep in and they both woke up at 8:30.  I don't want to jinx anything but Hill has been a sleepy head in the mornings and I've had to wake him up all week for school.  I hope, pray, give my kidney that he sleeps late during the weekend hours.  I love sleep.  Ok anyway, here is the Father's Day layout.

Strawberry muffins, bacon, cards & gift from Hill.

He made this at daycare and I thought it was super sweet.
It had his footprints on each side.
 We went to church and Hill did fantastic.  He didn't throw toys at anyone and only tried to run off once and managed to only bump his head on the hymnal holder once.  Chip rated his behavior a 7 out of 10.  Not to shabby for an hour and a half with a one and a half year old!

Later that afternoon we went to Nana & Papa's to eat quail and swim for Father's Day.




Aunt Meryl, Hill and Shane Preston coloring

And it's never a trip to Papa's house without playing the drums.


Shane Preston on the organ and Hill on the drums. 
Are we the next Partridge family?
What a great Dada's day.  We sure love our Dada more than anything in the world.  He's the best.

No comments: