Sunday, August 21, 2011

We Love And Miss You, "Snacks"

It's so numbing to think that it's been two years since my precious mother in law, Adrienne, passed away.  It feels like she was just here jumping up and down with the most shocked look on her face when we told her on Mother's Day 2009 that we were having a baby.  I swear she almost passed out.   I am so glad we got to have that memory...amongst millions of others.  She so longed for us to give her a grandchild.  My heart aches that Hill was 5 months in utero when she died.  He would for sure be a Snook's boy.  I love that Hill looks so much like Chip, it's as if her legacy lives on and reflects her presence through my tiny boy every day.

I miss her so and make a point to tell Hill about her so he will know how special she was to so many.  Yesterday Chip, Hill and I went to her grave site.  I couldn't decide if it was strange that we caught a few sweet pictures of Hill playing with her flowers with tombstones everywhere so we will keep those personal.

We talked to "Snooks" and told her how much we love her and miss her.  Since Hill is at the saying what you say stage he was trying to say "Snooks" and it came out "Snacks."  If you knew my mother in law you know that she was laughing so hard that she probably had tears running down her face as she slapped her knee and shook her head.  In her sweet Southern dialect she was probably saying, "Lawd, boy - you know that's right!"  She would love it that he calls her "Snacks."  I firmly believe that all the angels in Heaven have officially heard her retell the story a million times about her grand baby calling her "Snacks." Cracks me up.

We have all missed her presence, but we all know she is here with us everyday.  The other day I was thinking about her and upset that Hill will never know her, but then the song "I'm Already There," by Lonestar came on the radio.  I hadn't heard that song in years but the words spoke to me as if she was reminding me that she is here with Hill...

I'm already there
Take a look around
I'm the sunshine in your hair
I'm the shadow on the ground

I'm the whisper in the wind
I'm your imaginary friend
And I know, I'm in your prayers
Oh I'm already there



She knew just what to say to make me feel better, she brought those words to me when I needed them the most.  


Shine on Snacks...we love you.
Let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven.  Matthew 5:16

2 comments:

fender said...

A gift from heaven above. Congratulations!
home alarms

jamielee79 said...

I think the pics are a great way to capture Hill and "Snacks" together!