Monday, June 22, 2009

Hello, Goodbye

Chip and I had a GREAT weekend with my dad and Pam. The Childers/Hawkins Families always seem to plan their schedule around food. Since I am spoiled and have my own personal chef, let me tell you what Chef Chippy made for us while they were here. Thursday we had homemade spaghetti (Chip only eats his spaghetti) it's made with venison and a blend of Chippy Spices. Friday lunch we ate at the Cafe with Adrienne & Ed, then for dinner Chip made Cornish Game Hen with a Teriyaki Glaze, lima beans and a spring salad. Saturday we made sandwiches (pastrami with Swiss on Rye) and went to the Country Club and played in the boat and swam then came home to prepare Father's Day dinner for dad and Pam, Charlie and Joyce (Chip's dad & step mom) and Meryl (step sister) and little Shane Preston (nephew). We had Shrimp with cream cheese wrapped in bacon on the grill then smothered with guiriere cheese and crisp green beans and pineapple salad. Geez, it was all so good! We all had a good time.

Sunday afternoon we ate Amerigo and then dropped them off at the airport. We came home and I tackled my closet. After all the good food and expansion of my belt I decided that a little preventative maintenance was necessary in order to prevent a pregnant woman from being a sad hormonal blah every morning. I went through my closet and took out all clothes that I may want to wear, but can't due to inappropriate tightness. You all know what I mean. In March, after I'd lost 25lbs I went up in the closet and pulled down tons of clothes that I had and could now wear, but it was like - Hello, Goodbye - because the clothes I could pull off 10lbs ago are being packed up and sent back to their resting place in the attic. Sigh...I was so proud of my new found old wardrobe....just to be teased for a few weeks. Now, it's a little more serious because the old clothes are taking new members with them to the attic. It's ok though. I did the whole, "stop pretending Rachel, it's not cute" turn in the mirror before I packed them away while others I just saved the humiliation and pain and tossed them into the pile without a final spin. It was very painful but in the end I feel better about it.

I am of the impression it will be easier to wake up and walk into my closet and say, these are your options suck it up; instead of pulling out the clothes with the "inappropriate tightness" and trying to pull it off. My closet is a sad sad place to visit these days I'm trying to change that. For the next 7 months (even in the winter) you will be seeing me in my $7 cotton Wal-Mart shorts over and over and over. I bought grey and blue and in multiple sizes to accommodate my growth and prevent sadness. Don't talk about me, they are my new favorite shorts and you will get tired of seeing them.....I promise. In the mean time I am not sad.......until next month when I have to go through this process again.

4 comments:

l cummins said...

ok...instead of just torturing us with having to use our imaginations to visualize these scrumptious meals, how about a few pics and maybe even a recipe or two??! we're hungry too...

Rachel said...

Reply.....I know I have to start taking pictures. I am awful at remembering to do that. I will work on it - I promise.

Susie S said...

i feel your pain on the closet! My pile of can no longer even pretend to wear is huge while my what i can actually wear pile is not so huge. this last week i wore the same blue jean maternity shorts at least 4 days. and the $14 wal-mart dresses have been filling in the gaps!

Marsha said...

You now understand why I have one of two outfits on every time I see you!! The transition is the hardest....I am out of season, if you will. Swayze was born in June, so NONE of my maternity clothes are appropriate!