Tuesday, February 20, 2007

I'm supposed to post 10 things no one knows about me.

Mel-o-Drama posted this game on her blog and I thought it was neat. I too will try to think of 10 things no one knows about me.

1. When I was 5 my brother gave me a wedgie in my favorite pair of pastel heart panties and hung me on the door knob. I was stuck there for a long time until one of his friends helped me down. Ruined my favorites and tore them a little - I have never forgotten.

2. I lived with my dad from 4th grade to 1/2 of 8th grade in SugarLand, TX. It's where they made Imperial Sugar.

3. I had a baby sitter once when I got home from school and I didn't know her, so I locked myself in the garage and told her to leave because she was a stranger and after about 30 minutes she didn't know what to do, so she left. I couldn't get in trouble because I did the right thing by not letting a stranger near me or in my house, but she really was sent there to take care of me. Soon after - I got a nanny.

4. I watched my step-dad die from lung cancer and he had never smoked a day in his life.

5. My favorite holiday growing up was Juneteenth (June 19th.) It's the day that slavery was abolished and I would eat the best bbq you have ever put in your mouth and be the only white person beside my grandma and dad there enjoying the festivities.

6. I had a cat that Santa brought me when I was 6 named Marshmellow Popcorn Cuddles Childers and he was my best friend.

7. I went to a NKOTB concert (for those of you that don't know - New Kids On The Block) when I was 10 and my dad dropped me off at the Astrodome alone with 574,924 million people and I found my way to where my friends were. I was extremely independent at a young age. Afterwards we had a limo and everyone thought we were NKOTB leaving and were banging on our car.

8. I've lived in South America and Spain and have seen more parts of Mexico, Europe, and Central America than I have in the United States.

9. Someone hit my car once and tried to blame me, but once they found out who my brother was they apologized and gave me all their information and wished me a great day. My brother was really mean growing up - hence #1.

10. I was the manager of our dance squad in high school.

Post a comment if you decide to play the game too.

1 comment:

The Girl You Used to Know said...

the wedgie story is making me squirm. I'm feeling sympathy pains