Monday, February 12, 2007


I survived

This weekend I survived many things.

*Annoying conversations
*Bad drivers
*1 yr. old birthday party
*nothing valuable breaking
*Extended family of In Laws and kids
*Divorced people being in the same room
*pinata
*toys
*balloons
*streamers
*not finding any snakes under a boat
*my husband driving and talking with his hands
*finding clothes that fit in my closet
*balancing my checkbook
*falling asleep in my recliner with 8 mischievous adults in the room
*waking up this morning

I really want to do something productive outside this afternoon, but I also want to go to bed at 5:01pm and rest until tomorrow morning. I am beat. I don't think kids are feasible at this juncture in my life, and I can't rewind time to have them when I had more energy, nor do I want to rewind time. I will admit for like 1.25 seconds I thought it would be sweet to have a kid around, then when the toys came smashing into my sofa table and kitchen cabinets and pianos were being opened and banged on - my mind changed...yes, that fast. I am still exhausted and there hasn't been a toddler in sight for over 48 hours. Our house is not child proof with 4037 kitchen cabinets, hard tile floor, stone fireplace, stereo-speaker-TV wires strung about and plantation blinds that touch the floor. Definitely not child proof. Husband did handle it well when a 2 year old went pulling on his speaker covers, yes the speakers that cost more than my car. I am all about disciplining other peoples children though. That may make me the "mean lady" but if you can't get your butt in gear or cause me to have a panic attack because you think the arm of my couch is a horse with a hard tile floor below you. I may take action. So parents or parents to be, I love you and I will love your kids - I may love my own kids one day, maybe - but just don't think I'm the "mean lady" - I just don't have patience, but I am a good person and mean well. Just look at that face - how can you not just want to squeeze it!

1 comment:

WindowProsofva said...

Plantation shutters are one option that can really improve the looks of your windows. These shutters look great, and usually look so nice you don't even need to add a valance or curtains like you do with blinds or shades. They are usually made of wood, wood composite, or imitation wood. They can be custom made to fit any window, even those with odd shapes and curves that are hard to fit with many window treatment options. There are many different types of finishes and colors, so they can be made to match the d├ęcor in your house.Virginia Plantation shutters