Tuesday, October 31, 2006


Sorry I haven't posted in a while. Things have been really weird here lately with Dogs, Travels, Health, Life, you know - the usual.

Foster broke a nail and you would have thought he had head trauma. Took him to the vet and he weighs 112 lbs. That is ridiculous. We talked about Foxy Mama's obesity not too long ago, but this is outrageous - I feel like the worst parent. We are officially cutting back on treats and trying to start a walking regimen. I wish I had skills like thejanii and could raise twins, three dogs, a husband, be Martha Stewart and run 12 miles on a whim.

On a more realistic note...
We had a wonderful time in Nashville last weekend. Elizabeth "Ed" and Mike got married. It was so pretty and so quaint. Totally them. Good to see friends and be able to cut up, catch up, and drink up! I will post pictures as soon as Lyndsay sends them to me. The highlight of the night, besides the nuptials, was Al's rendition of David Allen Coe's "You don't have to call me Darlin" infront of every attendee at the wedding. We have legally changed his name to Fred Allen Coe (his real name is Fred Allen - oh the irony.)

Franklin, TN - where the wedding was, is extremely beautiful. I told Chip I wanted to move there while he supports my country music singing career - I will be known as Rachel Lynn, The Lawyer's Daughter, which is not to be confused with Loretta Lynn, the Coal Miners Daughter. I'm hoping to have my own Dude Ranch one day with a home cooking diner off the Music City Highway as well.

On a different note, I will be going to Oxford this Thursday and Friday. Can't wait to see everyone, it's been a while. I'm telling all to pencil me in for drinks Thursday- we will be at Susan's house. Sorry Susan, but it's the last hoo-rah at the ghetto! Don't' cry.

Starting tomorrow, I will be in the Inside Sales department. I'm not going to comment much about this, but just keep me in your prayers. I'm up for the challenge.

Yesterday I went to the doctor for my poison ivy. Yes, I have poison ivy. It wasn't that bad - just on my right thigh. Then when you sleep on your side at night, it must rub onto the left thigh. Then when you touch it - it moves to your arm pit or your boob or where I drew the line - my face. It sort of looks like I have a hickey on my neck too. Real cute huh? It is trash. So, I went to my lovely Dr. Brady and his nurse gave me a shot in my bootie and gave me permission to finally shave my legs come this afternoon. Lucky Chip, who by the way is not allergic to poison ivy. Punk.

Today is Halloween and it doesn't feel like it. I feel so out of the loop, I mean I know that Reese Witherspoon and Ryan Phillippe are split up, but I didn't know that the time changed on Sunday. Where are my priorities? I do watch the news, but I guess I get lost in the Memphis News Murmur - what I mean by that is that if I can understand the Eye Witnesses, then I get the news. This is few and far between. We have cable too, but Jackson news isn't that great either. I read MSN for my news, but it usually is about Paul McCartney's divorce or John Mayer's new look, the Letterman O'Reilly feud or 8 Email Errors to Avoid. You know - the REALLY important stuff.

Tonight I may take the Lou for a cameo at the inlaw's Halloween Bash. The theme is It's The Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown. Great Pumpkin Maybe I should dress Foster up like a World War I Flying Ace, he'd be a good sport about it? That could be simple, to the theme, and funny.

No comments: