Friday, October 06, 2006

Adios

So, I'm out of the ol' hell hole on West Haven Drive aka. Gasoline Alley. What a great thing. You know, as I was moving boxes out to the car I did not shed a tear - no sir, because I, as well as all the other neighborhood hoodlums, couldn't help but watch as 5 sheriff cars chased an old lady flying down our street. Yes, an old fashioned car chase - that inevitably would only come to an end on WestHaven Drive. I joined the one tooth wonders in a curious stare as they took a high 60 year old lady away in their shiny police cars. I will not miss the hustle and bustle of that street, nor will I miss Wayne Lee peeing in his front yard or the neighbor kids popping fireworks during the day as I try to work to pay to put food on their table and give them the medical needs that they deserve. Nope, I surely won't miss it.

I went over there last night to grab something I needed - and screamed like a little girl because WHAT IS THAT JUMPING OUT OF THE SINK? A frog? No, that would be a mouse. No tears shed here, pure happiness my friends - pure happiness. Most people when moving would say - oh, honey - remember the times we had at that house? My husband and I can only sit back and laugh. Oh what a tangled web we weave.

I still have a couple of items to grab from over there and then clean her up to give a new family the adventures of West Haven. That way they too can have the experiences and not shed a tear when they come to the fork in the road and pass it onto another family.

~Good luck and farewell Gasoline Alley...you will be thought of, but not missed.

Anyone want to buy a house? Nice neighborhood good friendly neighbors...really cheap!

No comments: