Wednesday, October 26, 2011

October Recap: Pumpkins, Pink Surgical Gloves, Hoola Hoops and Boob Jobs

To continue on with my while I was not blogging update.  
After a nice relaxing long over due adult weekend....Monday the 3rd was back to the grind at work.  
Tuesday Mama Lou flew back to Texas from spending the weekend with sweet Hill.  I’m so glad she gets to come spend time with him.  He calls her’ Mah-na-u’ now.  It’s cute.  He’s cute, in case you didn’t know that already.
Wednesday the 5th we had family night and Chip, Hill and I went to Pop’s Produce where they have no less than a zillion pumpkins of all shapes colors and sizes.  Chip and I picked out our pumpkins to carve and then Hill got a small pumpkin and a gourd to play with.  
Hill helped us carve the pumpkins.  He didn’t really like getting the gook and seeds out but once it was cleaned he was cool with the whole idea of carving a pumpkin.  He really liked that the pumpkin has a “hat” (the lid) he would take in on and off and laugh.  We baked the pumpkin seeds I think Hill ate the majority of them.

Because it's always important to take the cell phone charger
with you when you buy pumpkins.

Hill's gourd

Look who we saw buying 'puh-kins,'

Chip & Hill carving their first pumpkin together

My pumpkin

Chip's is the mean one on the left...with the eyebrows.

Then Thursday the 6th I was invited to go to the Madison Chamber Of Commerce Ladies Night gala.  My friend Kelly invited me and I was so glad she did!  We’ve never really hung out before but have been wanting to and talking about it for a couple YEARS now.  Kelly and I talk often but she has two kiddos and her hands full so I understand that getting together is a little hectic to say the least.  The event was to benefit Breast Cancer, as October is Breast Cancer Awareness month.  I’m pretty sure we were the funnest people there and I don’t care if funnest is not a word. I do have to say that I loved watching the Madison ladies cut a rug to the 1-900 band who were awesome.  Though I have to say that I’m sure they enjoyed watching me dance too *blush.*  I do know for a fact that EVERYONE enjoyed watching Kelly whoop up on winning the hoola hoop contest!  I’m not too sure that I’ve ever laughed so hard IN MY LIFE.  She was in the “hoola hoop zone” if there is such thing and she pulled it off.  There was one girl that got a little snide about it.  Ah girls are so dang caddy even as adults.  We were some of the last people there and fun was had by all.  Thanks Kelly for inviting me!

Signing the breast cancer awareness car

I had fun, but this nun may have had a lot more fun!
She was a dancing machine.

This is a freaky picture.
They handed out pink gloves and we didn't really
know what to do with them so we wore them around.

Breast cancer gang signs

Paul Ott was the guest speaker and a breast cancer survivor.
Ok, so here is what rang in the night... Kelly and her madd hoola hoop skillz...

Break it on down!

Work it girl!

The weekend of the 7th I cannot for the life of me remember what we did that Friday night, but Saturday was the most perfect of perfect days.  Chip and I both can’t remember the last time we’d been able to have such a relaxing day.  To Chip relaxing is fishing that morning with his dad and then watching football all day while making a brisket.  To me relaxing is actually being able to get some stuff I’d been putting off accomplished.  I can’t sit still.  I cleaned out the guestroom that used to be Chip’s office - I’m getting two twin beds to go in there.  I did 6 loads of laundry.  Delfina came and helped clean the house.  I can keep it organized, but I don’t do a good job at cleaning.  I went through all of the clothes that don’t fit Hill anymore to give back to the fabulous people that let us borrow them.  I went through all of Hill’s clothes birth – now and labeled them and boxed them up to let baby Asher (Meredith’s son who has arrived safely into the world and I need to blog about) borrow.  I finally took a shower and got out of lounge clothes at 4:30 so that I could go to a surprise birthday party for my sweet friend Amanda!  Amanda, this is your shout out!  I hope you had a wonderful birthday and take it from me – turning 30 is not the end of the world…just close.  Love you sweet girl!  Thanks for having a birthday and thanks to JJ for making cake balls that rocked my world - I ate 6 million of them and had to top it off with 12 million Tums antacids.  I’d do it again though they were that good!  

We did winterize the ski boat.  Here is Hill cleaning and getting one last pretend drive in before she goes 'night night' for the winter.  My hope is that we get the ski boat and fishing boat out of our drive way and into their winter resting places so that every time we pull in the driveway Hill doesn't say "Dada's two boats!"  He's good at reminding me how much room they take up in our garage and driveway.

Monday the 10th was Columbus Day, a bank holiday.  I was still up at the crack of dawn because I had an eye doctor appointment at 8:15am.  I was embarrassed to tell Dr. Middleton that I hadn’t been to have my eyes checked in probably 10 years.  Yup, I kid you not. I decided that I took for granted my ears and they went to crap so I must take care of my eyes.  Surprising to me, I got a good report.  I need some reading glasses that I will try to get over the counter to see how that works for just for reading only then if they don’t work then I will have to get prescription reading glasses because I have astigmatism.  After my appointment I ran to grab a donut at the Daylight Donut place in town.  I’m pretty sure I’m going to have to start wearing disguises when I go in there because it’s way too frequent.  I ran to the pharmacy, got gas in the car and went to order new tires for my car.  All of this before 9:30 am.  I was crazy OCD that morning - probably because I was secretly nervous about our trip to Memphis to visit Dr. Shell, Hill’s plastic surgeon.

Chip, Hill and I left town mid-morning to get to Memphis in time for his 2:30 appointment.  It’s always a pleasure to see all of the fun ladies at Dr. Shell’s office.  His nurse assistant is having a baby on November 17th!  I am so mad that I’ve seen her no less than 7 times since April and she didn’t even tell me!  She’s so tiny though and never showed – not even in July the last time we were there!  She has a little boy close to Hill’s age so she will have her hands full!  We got to the appointment early and we had a little of a wait before we were called back.  So in the interim Hill insisted on entertaining the ladies and also reading the brochures that were sitting out.

All about Breast Augmentation

I think this is the part where he turned the page and said "Boobie!"
Where did he learn that word?  Seriously?
Dr. Shell came in and said that everything looks great.  He expects the swelling to go down by the next 4-5 months.  He said it may take a year to 18 months (from the surgery date May) to totally heal.  The lip is still firm which tells him he has more healing to do.  I asked about muscle movement because sometimes it’s as if that side of his lip doesn’t fully move, comparable to a stroke patient.  He said that once the swelling goes down he will have more movement of the area and this will come with time.  Dr. Shell is pleased with how things are looking especially the pink part above his lip which was the concern before his last surgery.  The pink part will continue to heal and become flesh colored and beforehand this was not the case.  He doesn’t foresee another surgery, but he always follows up with – never say never.  We don’t go back until the end of March so that is good news!  Another successful visit with our favorite plastic surgeon.  We got home around 7:00 and I was beat.  The boys slept the majority of the way home but I was ready to fall flat on my face into my pillow - - so I did.

I leave you there for tonight.  I will follow up my next post with our trip to Texas for Uncle Jason's wedding.  It deserves a blog post of it's own.
I promise it won't be another month and a half before I blog.  I was going into detox shakes from not getting my mental release.  Blogging is my therapy.  It keeps me sane.  I think I lost my sanity over the past month but I'm working on gathering myself back together....for the sake of my mental health.

1 comment:

Leon, Amanda, and Bishop said...

Glad to see you are back! I missed seeing you and that cute little boy of yours!